HEAR FROM THE PRINCIPALS - VIEW KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION NIGHT PRESENTATIONS!
- Part 1: Introduction, Bates, Bentley Academy Charter, and Nathaniel Bowditch K-8 School Click here to view video
- Part 2: Introduction, Carlton, Horace Mann, Saltonstall K-8 School, and Witchcraft Heights Elementary School Click here to view video
KEY STEPS OF THE 2017-18 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION PROCESS
Step 1: Eligibility
Your child must turn 5 by August 31, 2017 (click here to learn about Carlton's Winter & Spring enrollment options)
Step 2: Application
Complete all forms in the application packet and return it along with all required forms to the Parent Information Center (PIC) at Collins Middle School.
Step 3: Student Assignment
PIC will follow district policy to assign your child to a school and inform you of assignment by mail.
Step 4: Confirmation of Assignment
Return the confirmation form to the PIC to finalize your child’s assignment.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION APPLICATION (ALL GRADE LEVELS)
To register your child, you will need the following. For a complete list of requirements, please view the registration checklist:
- Proof of address (2 forms)
- Parents’ photo ID
- Household information survey
- Acknowledgement form
- Proof of child’s age
- Immunization records
2017-18 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION: KEY DATES & DEADLINES
Please make note of the deadlines below:
- The first deadline is MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20 -- EXTENDED TO FRIDAY FEB 24 DUE TO SNOW DAYS!!! This is the deadline for anyone who has a child currently enrolled in one of our elementary schools and would like to enroll a new, Kindergarten sibling in that same school. If you want your children to attend the same school, you MUST submit your completed application by Feb 20th for sibling preference.
- All other applications are due on MARCH 1ST. Applications that are received by March 1st will be processed in the first batch of student assignments. Notification of these assignments will go out to families by May 1st. NOTE: If you would like to participate in the Bentley Academy Charter School lottery , you still need to submit a complete registration application to the PIC no later than March 1st. BACS Lottery will be on 3/9/17.
- Applications received after March 1st and before July 1st will be processed as a second batch. Notification of these assignments will go out to families by July 1st.
- Applications received after July 1st will be processed as they are received.