KEY STEPS OF THE 2018-19 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION PROCESS
Kindergarten Eligibility: To register for Kindergarten starting in Fall 2018, your child must turn 5 by August 31, 2018
Click here to learn about Carlton's Winter & Spring enrollment options for children who turn 5 by 12/1/18 or 3/1/18
STEP 1: CHOOSE 3 SCHOOLS - RESEARCH YOUR OPTIONS
Learn about available options for your child
Visit prospective schools
- Sign up for a tour -- Kindergarten tours on Jan 30, Jan 31, and Feb 1. Please contact each school directly to schedule a tour.
Select your top 3 schools
- Key considerations for choosing a school -- See Key Consderations
- Identify 3 school choices on registration application
STEP 2: APPLY - SUBMIT COMPLETED FORMS TO THE PIC
Submit all required documentation. To register your child, you will need the following. For a complete list of requirements, please view the registration checklist:
- Proof of address (2 forms)
- Parents’ photo ID
- Household information survey
- Acknowledgement form
- Proof of child’s age
- Immunization records
Apply as early as possible -- more choices available if submit by March 1 -- Deadline for sibling priority is Feb 20
- Return completed forms and documents to the Parent Information Center (PIC) - can submit in person, via fax, or scan & email to email@example.com
STEP 3: CONFIRM - WAIT TO RECEIVE AND THEN CONFIRM ASSIGNMENT
Student assignment policy criteria applied to each application (see below for criteria)
The Salem School Committee updated its controlled choice student assignment policy (See SC Policy #5103) in December 2017. For additional information about how Salem's Controlled Choice Student Assignment Policy works, visit FAQ , Overview of K Reg Process , and How it Works - Two Examples or contact the Parent Information Center (PIC) with your questions. Based on this policy, the following criteria will be used to assign students to schools.
Wait for and receive assignment notification
- Confirm acceptance of seat as soon as possible
2018-19 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION: KEY DATES & DEADLINES
Please make note of the deadlines below:
- The first deadline is TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 20 -- This is the deadline for anyone who has a child currently enrolled in one of our elementary schools and would like to enroll a new, Kindergarten sibling in that same school. If you want your children to attend the same school, you MUST submit your completed application by Feb 20th for sibling preference.
- All other applications are due on MARCH 1ST. Applications that are received by March 1st will be processed in the first batch of student assignments. Notification of these assignments will go out to families by May 1st. NOTE: If you would like to participate in the Bentley Academy Charter School lottery , you still need to submit a complete registration application to the PIC no later than March 1st. BACS Lottery will be on 3/9/18.
- Carlton Innovation School -- Kindergarten Trimester Enrollment -- March 1st is deadline for entry for Fall Trimester. Applications for Winter and Spring entry accepted all year, however, spaces are limited, and more seats available to those who submit by March 1st.
- Applications received after March 1st and before July 1st will be processed as a second batch. Notification of these assignments will go out to families by July 1st.
- Applications received after July 1st will be processed as they are received.