The Salem School Committee is a publicly elected, seven-member, policy-making body responsible for the oversight of the school system. The school committee is a legislative body that develops, evaluates, and oversees the district’s policies, consistent with federal and state laws and regulations. As such, the school committee sets the direction in which the system must go, and establishes criteria to determine if its goals and policies are being met.
Current School Committee members include:
- Mayor Kimberly Dirscoll (email@example.com), Chair
- Ms. Mary Manning (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vice Chair
- Mr. James Fleming (email@example.com)
- Ms. Beth Ann Cornell(coming soon)
- Ms. Amanda Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr. Manny Cruz (email@example.com)
- Dr. Kristin Pangallo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The complete Salem School Committee Policy Manual is available to the public.
More information about the Salem School Committee, including contact information, subcommittee membership, all meeting agendas, materials, and approved minutes can be found on the School Committee page of the City of Salem’s website.