Summer Programming 2022
Summer Literacy and Math Tutoring Program
All Salem public elementary schools have EEC-licensed after-school programs on site. These programs are run by the Salem YMCA at Bates, Carlton, Bentley, Witchcraft Heights, and Horace Mann. The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Salem runs the program at Saltonstall. The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Salem youth drop-in program for ages 8-12 is available at Collins Middle School, they also offer an opportunity for older students with a Teen Club for ages 13-18.
In addition to the summer programming we have available, we also have a summer literacy and math tutoring program during Summer Vacation for Rising 1st-8th Grade Students
40 minutes of literacy tutoring and 40 minutes of math tutoring daily
30 minutes of social-emotional learning each day
Outdoor fun and snacks throughout the program
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between July 5-July 28
Bates Elementary School
To enroll in the summer tutoring program, please fill out this form.
After School at Schools
Afterschool Programming FAQ
What afterschool options are available?
Each elementary school has a state-licensed after-school program available for students who attend that school. These programs are run by our community partners. The Salem YMCA runs the programs at Witchcraft, Bates, Carlton, Horace Mann and Bentley. The Boys & Girls Club runs the program at Saltonstall.
What is the cost of the after school program?
All those who enroll will be informed of payment options. Families are eligible for financial support either through state vouchers or scholarship. Inability to pay is not a barrier to access after-school programs at our elementary schools.
What do kids do in the afterschool programs?
After school schedules include:
- Snack provided by the program
- Free choice time to play games, legos or other activities
- Homework help if students need it
- Physical activity (either on the playground or gym)
- Group games or activities that include social emotional goals and healthy youth development
- The YMCA also serves dinner prior to dismissal
What time do the after-school programs operate?
After-school programs begin as soon as school ends and go until 5:30 PM this year. Prior to the pandemic, programs went until 6:00 PM. Decisions about next year’s end times are pending.
How do I find out more information or register for a program?
- For the YMCA at Witchcraft, Bates, Carlton, Horace Mann and Bentley visit the link below to register or find out more information call 781-990-7085
- For the Boys & Girls Club at Saltonstall visit bgcgs.org or call (978) 744-0915