The Salem Public Schools gives families access to a program that offers home visits to families of young children between the age of 18 months to 4 years old. The ParentChild+ honors parents as their child’s first and most important teacher.
An Early Learning Specialist (ELS) teams up with parents providing:
- A weekly gift of an educational book or toy to help focus the learning while enhancing literacy and school readiness skills.
- Visits twice a week for 30 minutes over 23 weeks for 2 years.
- Play based age-appropriate ideas.
- Ages & Stages Parent Questionnaire, a tool to help parents gain knowledge about developmental expectations.
- Information about your child’s communication, motor, social emotional, and problem-solving abilities that assist in meeting developmental expectations.
- Time to share strengths and concerns about your parenting journey and ways to support your child’s development.
- Community resources
Our team is providing the ParentChild+ experience in news ways during the pandemic. Nothing beats in-person interactions to nurture and strengthen bonds, but we will do the next best thing during these challenging times by providing virtual visits. We will drop off a new book and a toy to you prior to a visit. Then we will work together to make our days brighter with stories, songs, and activities. The visits are conducted on whatever social platforms that work for each individual family.
If interested in learning more about our services, please contact Maureen at 978-998–9327or email@example.com