Phone: (978) 740-1225
Sayonara Reyes & Yari Acevedo
Hours of Operation
Monday-Wednesday — 8:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.
Thursday — 8:00am. – 6:00p.m.
Friday — 8:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
(and by appointment)
29 Highland Avenue
Welcome to the Parent Information Center, and welcome to Salem Public Schools!
The Parent Information Center (PIC) provides bilingual welcome services for new students and their families. We help families find general information about the Salem Public Schools and can provide translation and interpretation services for anything related to our schools.
PIC handles the student registration and assignment process for all new students and in-district transfers.
Our department can also help individual families coordinate services for their children, including:
- Evaluations for English language learners
- Special education services
- Consultations with the Homeless Liaison
- Bus transportation applications
- Referrals to community services as needed
We can help with:
- Student registration and assignment
- In-district student transfers
- Changes in student/family address
- Parent involvement and outreach support
- Resource center for general school information
- Interpretation and written translation
- Student language proficiency assessment
- Home/school liaison services