Address Changes

If your family still resides within the City of Salem but has moved to a new address, please complete a Change of Address Form and submit it directly to the Parent Information Center (PIC) along with two documents verifying proof of residency. Procedures for changing a student/family's address are outlined below. 


Please be advised that all requests to change a home address must be made through the Parent Information Center (PIC) located at: 

Parent Information Center (PIC)
Salem Public Schools
29 Highland Ave, Suite 121
Salem, MA 01970

Phone: (978) 740-1225

Fax: (978) 740-1176



Please follow the procedures outlined below to change a home address:

Step 1:           Complete the enclosed Change of Address Form. 

Step 2:           Obtain the documentation required to re-verify your residency in Salem, MA. Please provide TWO of the following documents dated within the past 60 days (must be in the parent/guardian’s name):

  • Mortgage, property taxes, lease, section 8 or housing agreement

  • Electric, gas, cable, water, landline telephone bills

  • Letter from approved government agency – Department of Revenue (DOR), Children and Family Services (DCF), Transitional Assistance (DTA), Youth Services (DYS), and Social Security.

  • If you do not have any utilities under your name and you reside with a family member or friend, please provide a notarized letter from the person you live with and two proofs of address under that person’s name

Step 3:           Submit the Change of Address form along with the required documentation to the Parent Information Center (PIC). You may submit the information in several different ways:

  • Drop it off in person to the above address
  • Mail it to the above address
  • Fax it to 978-740-1176
  • Scan it (or take a photo of it) and email it to 

Please contact the PIC staff with any questions at (978) 740-1225


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.