If you have any questions regarding transportation for your student for the coming school year, please call 978-740-1240.
Parent/Guardian Expectations for Salem Public Schools Transportation
- The district will make every effort to provide families with a copy of their proposed route and schedule 1 week in advance of their child’s scheduled first day of school;
- If buses are delayed by more than 15 minutes, families should be informed via GPS app, text, phone call, or email;
- If a bus is involved in any sort of crash or accident, parents should be notified by text or phone call as soon as the scene is secured by Salem Police and details are communicated to the SPS Director of Transportation;
- Families should be notified of any permanent changes to routes via GPS app, text, phone call, or email;
- If a parent/guardian calls the SPS transportation office due to a delayed bus or related issue, the transportation office should be able to locate buses in real time or provide an immediate call back (within 30 minutes) if warranted.
2022-2023 Transportation Handbook
Applying for Transportation
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be taken down in Aspen after the transportation deadline on July 1, 2022. Families should contact the Transportation Office to apply. Late applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for transportation, follow these instructions:
Step 1: Log into the Aspen Family Portal
Step 2. Begin The Application
Step 3. Select Your Student
Step 4. Complete Form
Step 5. Finished
Field Trip Request
Download our field trip request form.