Welcome Back to the 23-24 School Year!
The new school year is here! For all your Back To School resources, click HERE.
(Resources include: Back to School Open Houses, Access to ASPEN Guidance to complete your 23-24 Back to School Forms, and Transportation Updates!)
Welcome to Salem Public Schools
Salem Public Schools is a diverse and welcoming community that promotes each student’s academic, social, emotional, and physical development through the equitable delivery of challenging, relevant, and joyful learning experiences. We empower all students to chart a personalized path to success that includes a commitment to the common good.
September is Attendance Awareness Month
We are so excited to welcome our students back to school and see them every day! Building trusting relationships among students and families promotes belonging, which is fundamental to positive student attendance. Please reach out to your school’s main office if you need support getting your student to school every day.
#AttendanceMatters #Showinguptogether #Presente
2023-2026 Strategic Plan
The 2023-2026 Strategic Plan is here. It is a privilege to share our new strategic plan, that will guide our work for the next three years, with the Salem community.
You can read Dr. Zrike’s full message regarding the process for developing the updated Strategic Plan, the values and commitment the plan was built from, and how the district will leverage this plan as we move the work forward to best serve our students, families, and staff linked here and see the plans linked below.
We’ve adapted the content to various print-friendly and readable friendly versions. See the updated plans linked below!
Core Priorities of the Salem Public Schools 2023-2026
Back To School Resources: 2023-2024
Back To School Open House Dates
Back To School Forms – Due by October 1, 2023
Back to School forms are now available by accessing your Aspen Family Portal. You can find full instructions, helpful guides, and information on who to contact for assistance in completing the forms as well as technical assistance here.
Transportation for the 2023-2024 School Year
Our Transportation Department has released the bus routes for the 2023-2024 school year via email and through the Aspen Family Portal. We encourage families to check their inboxes to review this information, in some instances, these messages make their way to the spam/junk folders so please check there if you haven’t received the message in your general inbox.
All transportation requests received by August 24th have been processed by our transportation department and families have been notified.
Bus passes have been delivered to all schools by our hardworking team for your student to retrieve on the first day of school!
Who To Call
Families should be prepared to experience very high call volume during the first week of school and there is a chance you won’t be able to get through to someone right away. Please read reference the links below for “Who to Call,” for assistance.
- For non-urgent matters (i.e. bus applications, changes to transportation, and other non-urgent questions or concerns), the best timeframe to contact the transportation department and reach a member of the team would be between the hours of 9 – 1:30 pm.
Important Reminders from our Transportation Team:
– Due to traffic fluctuations in Salem, buses can typically arrive anywhere from 10 minutes early to 10 minutes late on any given day. Students should arrive at least 10 minutes early to their bus stop. If the bus is more than 10 minutes late, you can call the transportation department for an estimated arrival time.
– Please expect additional delays during the first few days/weeks of school until routes settle and students become familiar with their route. There might also be changes to bus routes during the first few weeks of school until all necessary adjustments are made.
– Kindergarten and 1st Graders cannot get off the bus without a parent/guardian present! Please plan accordingly so that you are at the bus stop to receive your child(ren).
– Students will receive their bus passes at school on their first day.
– Please read the Transportation Handbook for all information regarding your student(s) bussing.
Secure Firearm Storage Resolution
Resolution passed by the School Committee on May 5, 2023
One of the Salem Public School District’s highest priorities is school safety. While we focus on all areas of safety, this particular resolution has a focus on gun violence prevention through the leadership of the district, information sharing, empowerment, and education of our school community. Read the full resolution here in English and in Spanish.
2023-2024 School Year Calendars
2022-23 Back-to-School Video
Student Registration Is Online. Click Here For Instructions or Visit Our Parent Information Center at Collins Middle School For Assistance!
29, Highland Avenue, Salem, Massachusetts, 01970, United States